I am sorry to interrupt your web surfing day, but I need to ask your help with something very important to me.
A few months ago, genre poet, author, and my functional muse Elizabeth R. McClellan was injured in the process of avoiding an auto accident. What’s a functional muse? It means she inspires me to get stuff done, mainly by saying, “ALEXANDRA, GET STUFF DONE.” It’s a rare gift, don’t ask me how she does it.
It is not exaggeration to say that she’s the reason I kept writing fiction when I started out, nor is it an exaggeration to say that she’s the reason I started writing poetry.
She needs help dealing with the unforeseen expenses that mount up in the aftermath of an unforeseen injury. To that end, I’ve been putting together a e-chapbook of sorts, a quick-and-dirty anthology consisting of poetry and prose and stuff in-between from the people in our extended community of artists.
This book, Angels of the Meanwhile, contains works by such numinous luminaries as Bryan Thao Worra, Rose Lemberg, Catherynne M. Valente, Phil Brucato, Amal El-Mohtar, S.J. Tucker, Ellen Kushner, and many more. You can read more details and the entire table of contents so far beneath this post, minus some late additions still being slotted in.
In order to raise funds quickly while they can still have an impact, we’re offering this book as a pre-order on a pay-what-you-can basis. The way it works is this: you PayPal any amount directly to Elizabeth, we add your email address to the list. On our release date (currently estimated to be late July, so we have time to deliver the best product possible despite the haste), we’ll send you a packet containing both Kindle and epub formats and a PDF, for easy reading on whatever device pleases you best. All 100% DRM free.
We are only able to offer this remarkable book through June 1st. That’s today. Please make your contribution before midnight today
Just use this simple form. If you don’t fill in an address, we’ll use your PayPal one.
Table of Contents
Bits of Prose (Flash Fiction, Prose Poems)
- This Is The Place Where Lost Things Go – Kythrynne Aisling
- The Merry Knives of Interspecies Communication – Bogi Takács
- The Choices of Foxes – Sonya Taaffe
- Foam – Dusti Morton
- The Sweat of their Brows – Alexandra Erin
- The Dirty Fairy – Deborah Walker
- Beauty Sleeping – Ellen Kushner
- Beastwoman’s Snarled Rune – Rose Lemberg
- Pain Shared Is Catching (For April Grant) – Erik Amundsen
- Gorgon Girls – Saira Ali
- This Is What It’s All About – Lupa
- Blodeuwedd – Amal El-Mohtar
- Burning Wings (For C.S.E. Cooney) – Jennifer Crow
- The Changeling Always Wins – Nicole Kornher-Stace
- The First Wife – Lev Mirov
- Nuestra Señora de las Maravillas Lost at Sea, 1527 – Lisa Bradley
- The Secret of Being a Cowboy – Catherynne M. Valente
- Firstborn – Christina Sng
- Children of the Faun and Fae – Merideth Allyn
- Ivan Icarus – by C.S.E. Cooney
- We Named Our Grief Irene – Virginia M. Mohlere
- Fucking Doughnuts – Legoule
- Allison Gross Speaks of the Worm – Gwynne Garfinkle
- Sand Bags – Dominik Parisien
- Hot Wet Mess – S.J. Tucker
- These Are Days – Roni Neal
- lis pendens – Mike Allen
- Thread Between Stone – Bryan Thao Worra
- The View of My Brother’s Profile In The Rear-View Mirror – Randee Dawn
- Inside, Looking Out – Alexandra Erin
- Changed – Nicolette Barischoff
- Fire Flight – A.M. Burns
- The Legacy Box – Satyros Phil Brucato
- Illusions of Safety – Angelia Sparrow