UPDATE: IT’S APRIL 1ST, AND IT’S OUT!
Check your email if you pre-ordered, check your spam folder if it’s not there, and if you did not get in on the fun, check out this link.
Well, folks, it’s been a long journey from there to here, but just over a year on, we are ready to send out the absolutely amazing e-anthology put together to help genre poet and lawyer Elizabeth R. McClellan in her time of need. Angels of the Meanwhile has an official release date, and it’s one of immense personal significance to her and her spiritual community down there in Tennessee: April 1st.
That’s right. On April 1st, we’re going to be sending out a zip file with this collection of prose and poems, many brand-new or otherwise unavailable, to everyone who has pitched in to help her out since we first sent out the distress call last spring.
And if you want to get in on this outpouring of love or you just want some shiny pretty words tied up in a neat package, you can do that by clicking this link and making your contribution. (Recommended amount: $10).
Since the car accident that started all this, Elizabeth has dealt with a considerable amount of pain and uncertainty. She has medical debt to pay off, she’s exhausted her sick leave, she’s had to deal with a broken ankle, and she’s not done recovering from her current shoulder surgery. Things are stretched so thin, she has an immediate need for $250 to keep her car insurance that she needs to keep her car that she needs to keep her job, and she needs that in a week, before March 26th.
The table of contents for the book has some changes, due to evolving rights issues, but all of the contributors are still there:
Table of Contents
Bits of Prose (Flash Fiction, Prose Poems)
- This Is The Place Where Lost Things Go – Kythrynne Aisling
- The Merry Knives of Interspecies Communication – Bogi Takács
- Upon The Land, On The Sea – Sonya Taaffe
- Foam – Dusti Morton
- The Sweat of their Brows – Alexandra Erin
- The Dirty Fairy – Deborah Walker
- Beauty Sleeping – Ellen Kushner
- Beastwoman’s Snarled Rune – Rose Lemberg
- Pain Shared Is Catching (For April Grant) – Erik Amundsen
- Gorgon Girls – Saira Ali
- This Is What It’s All About – Lupa
- Blodeuwedd – Amal El-Mohtar
- Burning Wings (For C.S.E. Cooney) – Jennifer Crow
- The Changeling Always Wins – Nicole Kornher-Stace
- The Witch’s Girl – Alexandra Erin
- The First Wife – Lev Mirov
- The Secret of Being a Cowboy – Catherynne M. Valente
- Firstborn – Christina Sng
- Children of the Faun and Fae – Merideth Allyn
- Ivan Icarus – by C.S.E. Cooney
- The Freeman’s Dance – Jack Ralls
- We Named Our Grief Irene – Virginia M. Mohlere
- Fucking Doughnuts – Legoule
- Allison Gross Speaks of the Worm – Gwynne Garfinkle
- Sand Bags – Dominik Parisien
- Hot Wet Mess – S.J. Tucker
- Getting Winterized: A Guide to Rural Living – Elizabeth R. McClellan
- Uncommon Law – Lisa Bradley
- These Are Days – Roni Neal
- lis pendens – Mike Allen
- Thread Between Stone – Bryan Thao Worra
- The View of My Brother’s Profile In The Rear-View Mirror – Randee Dawn
- Inside, Looking Out – Alexandra Erin
- Changed – Nicolette Barischoff
- Fire Flight – A.M. Burns
- The Legacy Box – Satyros Phil Brucato
- Illusions of Safety – Angelia Sparrow
(Yep, I’m in there three times. Well, I couldn’t ask anyone to do something for Pope Lizbet I wouldn’t do myself, could I?)